— Things to do in St. Thomas —
Dining and activities in St. Thomas, USVI
Below is just a sampling of the fantastic taste's and activities that St. Thomas has to offer.
ST. THOMAS DINING GUIDE
- NEARBY WINE/GROCERY/DELI:
- CUP AND CORK (998-4775) Located at Magen's Point Resort. Take a left at the dumpsters and take your first left at the Magens Point sign (Rte. 42)- the entry is right there. Cup and Cork is a gourmet coffee and wine shop. They can make picnics, rent movies, beach chairs, coolers, make great sandwiches and salads and provide grocery goods, deli goods as well as top class coffees, breakfast, lunch and wines. Open from 6:30 a.m. weekdays and 7:30 a.m. weekends. AN ELEGANT EVENING OUT:
Reservations required, as is elegantly casual attire (no shorts, T-shirts, or bare midriffs, etc.) Always call to confirm seasonal schedules for music. ..
- AGAVE TERRACE (775-4142) Open daily, dinner only, 6-10 pm (last seating is at 9:45 pm.) Menu: Features fresh-catch local fish cooked to your order, superb seafood specials, a fabulous house salad, and a variety of gourmet entrees and sumptuous desserts. Location: Point Pleasant Resort, overlooking the British Virgin Islands. On Road 38, between Grand Bay Palace and Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel. Entertainment: Tuesdays & Thursdays, steel pan.
- BANANA TREE GRILLE (776-4050) Open Tuesday - Sunday, dinner only, 6-10 pm. Menu: Excellent traditional and contemporary fare: fresh seafood, Italian and Caribbean specialties, all prepared under the masterful eye of Chef Patrick Bellantoni, all with a fabulous harbor view! Location: Bluebeard's Castle Hotel on Bluebeard's Hill, just east of town.
- CRAIG AND SALLY'S (777-9949) Dinner Wednesday - Sunday, 5:30-10 pm; lunch Wednesday - Friday, 11:30 am-2:30 pm. Menu: Passionate cuisine created by Sally and crew; the largest selection of fine wines on the island, many by the glass. A favorite with locals; its creative cuisine and extensive menu which changes daily never disappoint! Extremely popular and booked up, so always call for advance reservations. Location: Frenchtown, air-conditioned, with scenic murals and a tented ceiling.
- HAVANA BLUE (715-2583) Dinner nightly, 5:30-10:00 pm. Menu: Amazing Latin fusion, where exotic Cuban flavors meet the Pacific Rim. A great variety of really exceptional dishes and lots of fresh-daily seafood - fantastic cuisine! A spacious and stylish open-air restaurant just above the shoreline with whispering surf, featuring lounge music and a popular bar where the beautiful people gather. Location: South of Havensite, at the very end of Road 315. Upstairs on the upper level of the Morningstar Beach pavilion, just below the main Marriott Frenchman's Reef Hotel. Most times there is plenty of parking.
- HERVE (777-9703) Dinner nightly, 6-10 pm; Lunch Monday - Friday, 11 am-2:30 pm. Menu: Excellent wines, fish, lamb and game specials; Herve provides a blend of French & Caribbean fare. Location: On historic Government Hill above town and the harbor, in an air-conditioned, sophisticated setting. The Patio, open 5 - 9:30 pm nightly, offers lighter fare: salads and sandwiches.
- *OCEANA (774-4262) Dinner Monday - Saturday, 6-10 pm; wine bar open 5-11 pm. Menu: Innovative global seafood cuisine with an appetizer-tasting table, all by renowned Chef Patricia LaCorte. Island elegance right on the water with sunset views, in historic Villa Olga (formerly the 19th-century Russian Embassy). Location: Frenchtown, past Craig & Sally's, out on the point.
- *OLD STONE FARMHOUSE (777-6277) Dinner Tuesday - Sunday, 5:30-9:30 pm. Menu: Sumptuous first-class menu inspired from locales around the world, a sushi menu & a wine list of over 200 selections. An elegant, air-conditioned setting. Location: Historic fieldstone building within Mahogany Run Tennis Village, north side on Road 42 East (near the golf course).
- ROMANO'S (775-0045) Open Monday - Saturday, dinner only, 6:00-10:30 pm. Menu: Fantastic upscale Northern Italian dining in a refined, cozy setting; superb service & a tiny intimate bar. Very popular, so advance reservations are recommended. Location: Off Smith Bay (Road 38), on Road 388 to Coral World. Air-conditioned, with interesting original Caribbean art for sale. A BIT MORE CASUAL, STILL FANTASTIC
- *INDIGO (776-0474) Open Daily for lunch and dinner, 11 am-10 pm (lunch menu is also available at dinnertime). Happy Hour 4-6 pm. Menu: Delicious American fusion including filet mignon, sea bass, salmon and pasta, served alfresco poolside. Location: At Magen's Point Hotel, with plenty of parking (near Peterborg + Udder Delight at junction of Roads 35 + 42 East.)
- NOCHE (774-3800) Open for dinner nightly, 5:30-10 pm, and seasonally for lunch. Menu: Classic American Steakhouse cuisine featuring Ridgefield Farms premium Hereford Beef, voted the best steak in Las Vegas by the New York Times! Also on the menu: Australian lobster tails, fresh snapper, salmon, and more chef specialties. Gorgeous interior and ambience, with stunning lighting and decor. Smoking permitted at the bar. Location: In Frenchtown, just across the street from the ball field. It has its own private parking lot just for Noche patrons.
- RANDY'S BISTRO (777-3199) Open Monday - Saturday, lunch 11 am-3 pm; dinner 5:30-10 pm. Menu: Eclectic menu offering light fare to delectable full meals, something for everybody in a relaxed, air-conditioned setting. Fresh fish and meats, and a very well-priced selection of wines. Dine in either the Bistro with its popular bar, or in the Wine Cellar, where there's also a deli. Location: In Al Cohen's Plaza, on Rhymer Highway just east of Raphune Hill (on Road 38, east of town).
- ROOM WITH A VIEW (774-2377) Open Monday - Saturday, dinner only, with late night menu 5 pm-12:30 am. Menu: Traditional and varied menu, with fresh seafood, chicken, steak, pasta and flambe'ed tropical desserts. Winner of the Wine Spectator award for a good selection of value-priced wines. In an air-conditioned, cozy setting with a memorable view of town and our harbor. Enjoy the sunset and the lights of downtown and beyond; very romantic. Location: At Bluebeard's Castle Hotel, on Bluebeard's Hill just east of town on Road 314. CASUAL ALTERNATIVES
Shorts and T-shirts are just fine here!
- ALEXANDER'S BELLA BLU (774-4349) Open Monday - Saturday: lunch, 11:30 am-3:30 pm; dinner 5:30-10 pm. Menu: Mediterranean tapas, seafood, salads, pizza & homemade desserts in a sleek, modern air-conditioned setting. Paintings by local artists on display. Location: Frenchtown (on the western end of Charlotte Amalie, going west towards the airport on Road 30).
- BENI IGUANAS (777-8744) Open Daily: lunch from 11:30 A.M. to 3:00 pm. and dinner from 5:00 pm. to 9:30 pm. Menu: The local owners have developed their own unique style of Sushi dining which separates Beni Iguana's from other sushi bars around the world.
- *BLUE MOON CAFE (779-2262) Open Daily: Breakfast 8-11 am; lunch 11:30 am-3 pm; dinner 6-10 pm Menu: Traditional American cuisine with a local flare, set right on the water at Secret Harbour's lovely beach. Wine Spectator Award of Excellent for a fabulous wine list! Location: At Secret Harbour Beach Resort, East End (off Road 322). Entertainment: please call for current live music lineup.
- CUZZIN'S (777-4711) Lunch Monday, 11 am-4 pm; Saturday, 11 am-5 pm. Dinner Tuesday thru Saturday, 5-9:30 pm. Menu: Popular Caribbean cafe: fresh fish, conch, lobster, stews, and West Indian regional dishes prepared by local chefs. Great frozen tropical drinks, fabulous johnnycake, in an air-conditioned historic building. Takes a while to be served, so not if you're in a rush, but it's the best West Indian food on the island. Location: Downtown Charlotte Amalie, on Back Street (north of Main St.)
- DEANO'S (774-6800) Dinner Monday - Saturday, 5-10 pm. Menu: Inexpensive but excellent Italian-American fare. Handrolled pizza, tasty pastas and world-famous ribs in a cool and casual North side setting. A very popular local dining spot. Location: North side on Road 33 West (Lionel Pierre Berry Scenic Drive), going west past the Fire Station and Bryan's Plants.
- DUFFY'S LOVE SHACK (779-2080) Open Daily: Lunch and dinner from 11:30 am until midnight. Menu: Caribbean flair and tropical grill make the menu interesting and fun - the food is really terrific. Duffy's is a zany local favorite with goofy exotic drinks, party favors, and very entertaining bartenders. Dancing after 11 pm, and silly theme parties every Thursday night. Location: Red Hook Shopping Plaza, East End, across the street and a bit south from the ferry dock (Road 38).
- *HOOK LINE AND SINKER (776-9708) Open Monday - Saturday for lunch (11:30 am-3:30 pm) & dinner, 6-10 pm. Sunday Brunch 10 am-2:30 pm. Menu: Fresh seafood from the fishing fleet right outside their door. Local Caribbean lobster, tuna, snapper and their signature dish, Almond Crusted Yellowtail. Pastas, steaks and chicken dishes offered, too. Children's menu available. Location: in Frenchtown, right on the water; open air locale with a view of town and cool sea breeze blowing through.
- THE GRAPEVINE GRILL (formerly Azure) (777-4280) Open nightly for dinner 6-10 pm. Alfresco poolside cafe with great pasta, poultry & seafood dishes. Added to their regular menu on Mondays are some Mexican dishes; Thursdays, Thai cuisine, & Saturdays, seafood. Location: In Sapphire Village, East End off Road 38: turn in at Sapphire Beach Resort sign, turn right and go over speedbumps until you see the pool on your right. Entertainment: live music on Thursdays and Saturdays by local musicians.
- *IGGIES (693-2600) Voted the best beach bar in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel & Life's readers in 2004, there is no place like Iggies if you are looking for great food and funky drinks, in a fun casual atmosphere. This is where locals and visitors meet, and there is always something going on with Live Music, Karaoke, beach volleyball and basketball. Located at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
- *MOLLY MALONE'S (775-1270) Open daily: Breakfast 7-11 am; lunch and dinner 11 am-11 pm (dinner served till midnight on Friday & Saturday only); Brunch Saturday & Sunday from 7 am-2 pm. Menu: Traditional Irish fare and American favorites served in a casual outdoor ambience right next to yachts at the dock; tame iguanas often hang around to watch the customers eat. Location: On the water at American Yacht Harbor, Red Hook (Road 38).
- NORTH DROP (775-5098); Formerly called Bryan's Bar. Open nightly for dinner Tuesday thru Sunday, 4-10 pm; Menu: Local fish and lobster caught daily, salads, pastas, poultry, ribs, steaks, nightly specials and homemade desserts. Enjoy the sunset on the deck overlooking Hull Bay. Location: Northside on Hull Bay Road, (Road 37). Occasional entertainment on some Fridays + Sundays.
- SIB'S ON THE MOUNTAIN (774-8967) Open nightly for dinner, 5-9:45 pm. Downstairs bar open from 4 pm-4 am. Menu: American favorites with Caribbean flair - great ribs, fresh fish, burgers and pasta selections featured. Late night bar with pool tables, games, and sports television make this a popular and traditional local hangout. Location: North side on Road 33, off Road 35 (above Mafolie).
- TICKLES (776-1595) Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 am-10:30 pm. Bar stays open till midnight. Menu: Salads, burgers, and fresh fish in a casual harbor-side setting. Kids' menu available; specialty drinks offered at the bar. Location: Crown Bay Marina, south of town, in Sub Base (Road 304). On the dock next door to Gourmet Gallery, with a view of the million-dollar private yachts in the Marina. Entertainment: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays; various artists and an open-mic night.
PLEASE - RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT! Here are our recommendations for some great times, so you can get into the swim of things and enjoy our beautiful islands, sights and waters:
ACTIVITIES WHILE "ON ISLAND"
- ATLANTIS SUBMARINE: Take an underwater excursion to nearby Buck Island. See fish and marine wildlife in the open ocean as your submarine crew navigates along a live coral reef 90 feet below, and a diver feeds the denizens of the deep!
- BICYCLING: Rent a mountain bike or a road bike and explore!
- SCOOTERS AND MOTORCYCLES: Rent a motorcycle or a scooter to experience the Virgin Islands up close and personal.
- BOATING: Rent a speedboat on the East End. There's a well maintained and varied selection of powerboats, from small 22' Makos to large, luxurious and fast Scarabs, fully equipped with bimini tops, VHF radios, charts and ice chest and more. You can captain your boat yourself, or you can hire an experienced captain for the day. Explore nearby islands, tan, swim and snorkel.
- Nauti Nymph
Based in St. Thomas at American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook & St. John at the Westin Resort. Voted "best powerboat rental company in the Virgin Islands" by readers of the VI Daily News.
- Magic Moments Luxery Excursions
Allow us to whisk you away to very carefully selected destinations in the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. The yacht of choice is a 45' Sea Ray Express Cruiser. Vast cockpit space for lounging and dining, cushioned tanning areas, elegantly appointed interior with wood finish, leather upholstery, full bathroom with corian vanity and shower.
- Magnum Force Charters
Magnum Force is a classic 40 foot performance yacht that takes up to six guests to more places than any other charterboat in a single day. Custom built by Magnum Marine, this comfortable yacht provides a fast, smooth and safe ride in any sea conditions. Popular British Virgin Island stops include the Baths, the Caves, the Indians, the Wreck of the Rhone, Peter Island, Cooper Island, the Bitter End, Marina Cay, Guana Island, Sandy Cay and Jost Van Dyke.
- Nauti Nymph
- CORAL WORLD: Visit this unique marine park with an underwater observatory, huge shark tank, saltwater pools, "touch pools" for children, 21 beautiful aquariums, shops and snack bars.
- DAY TRIPS: Take a trip to St. John or to the British Virgin Islands via a public ferry. Or take a seaplane or the Fast Ferry to St. Croix for the day. Please refer to St. Thomas-St. John This Week for fares and departure times, or CLICK HERE for schedules.
- DIVING: PADI 5-star facilities with varied excursions for reef, wreck and night Scuba dives available.
- ECOTOURS: Learn about local ecology while getting a little exercise on an excursion with Virgin Islands Ecotours. Guided kayak tours wind through lagoons and mangroves to a private beach on the East End. Take an inflatable boat trip to a deserted island for a nature hike, or hike through an historic sugar mill estate above Magen's Bay and finish with a cool swim at the beach.
- FISHING TRIPS: Head out to sea on a small or large captained boat for some bottom fishing or deep-sea fishing - compete with the locals for record marlin! Experienced guides know all the good spots, and will provide everything you need.
- GOLF: Play a round at the challenging Fazio-designed Mahogany Run Golf Course within minutes of the villa. Test your skills at the "Devil's Triangle" and take in the many breathtaking views of the ocean and islands beyond. Call the Pro Shop for info and reservations: 777-6006, ext. 1.
- HELICOPTER TOURS: For a spectacular bird's eye perspective, tour the area's islands and cays by helicopter. A truly incredible viewing experience of unforgettable natural beauty.
- JET SKIING: Instruction, rentals and tours are available at several beaches here for rentals and tours - what a great time out on the ocean!
- PARADISE POINT TRAMWAY: To "ride the view," take the tramway in Havensite up 700 feet to the top. The round-trip, 15-minute ride provides amazing views for miles, and at the top are boutiques, a bird show, and a bar on the observation deck.
- PARASAILING: For the heart-stopping experience of sightseeing and hang-gliding all at once, try the once-in-a-lifetime thrill of floating high above the ocean and seeing miles and miles into the blue distance.
- SAIL AWAY FOR THE DAY : Book a day sail with drinks and lunch for your group - small intimate group sails and larger, party-type cruises available (half-day, full-day, sunset and dinner cruises offered). Or take an adventurous and exciting day trip through the U.S. and British Virgin Islands waters to the world-famous Baths in Virgin Gorda with the fun crews on New Horizons, Pirate's Penny or Stormy Petrel - a must see. (Bring your passport or notarized birth certificate & photo I.D. - a must!)
Scubadu is a luxury Catamaran, specializing in private sailing excursions in the USVI and British Virgin Islands. Scubadu departs from Red Hook, St. Thomas or St. John.Trips aboard Scubadu are tailored to your needs. From your menu that you choose to the bays and beaches you desire. Rates include: licensed captain, chef/1st mate, gourmet food, open bar, snorkel gear, kayak, swim mats, towels and fresh water showers.Please note: They also offer sunset and dinner cruises as well as long term charters. Payments are accepted in cash, travelers checks, visa, and mastercard.
- Daydreamer & Coconut
Daydreamer and Coconut of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands are the premier daysailing boats in the Caribbean. Day sail St. Thomas and enjoy first class service and some of the best sailing and island hopping in the world--to Jost Van Dyke, St. John and World Famous Foxy's! Virgin Islands day cruises, half day cruises, weddings, receptions, corporate incentives cocktail cruises, full moon cruises. Aboard Daydreamer and Coconut of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, you're guaranteed to have a great day!
- Jester Sailing Adventures
Fun Day sail and Snorkel Trips to St. John and the British Virgin Islands offering a fullday, half day and sunset sails. Sure to be one of your most memorable days of your vacation...They will hoist the sails and let the warm tropical breezes carry you away!
- Limnos Charters:
Sit back, relax and have the best day of your vacation aboard the "comfortable boat"! Limnos' spacious 53 foot twin engine catamarans make your trip smooth stable and fast! First class amenities include 2 rest room facilities, fresh water showers, easy access swim platform and comfortable couch seating protected from rain and saltwater spray. Every excursion features breakfast snacks and juices, premium open bar all day long, deli picnic buffet lunch and afternoon snacks.
- Morningstar Charters:
Join Captain Jake Morganstern on Morningstar, a 42' Cheoy Lee sailboat, for a day of Caribbean snorkeling and day sailing around St. Thomas and St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. Your Caribbean daysail to secluded locations for snorkeling in St. John or snorkeling in St. Thomas will be the highlight of your holiday sailing in the United States Virgin Islands. Your Virgin Islands charter will include Sailing, Snorkeling(equipment included) a Hot Lunch and plenty of relaxing.
- New Horizon Charters:
Power Yacht Trips from St. Thomas to The Baths in Virgin Gorda, BVI, to Marina Cay for a delightful lunch, Guana Island for snorkeling and off to Jost van Dyke and Soggy Dollar Bar at White Bay for an afternoon stop and back to St. Thomas for the Finish Up...New Horizons Snorkeling Adventures: Come aboard! Sail away for a day and experience the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation aboard our 64' custom ketchThere's nothing like it! All you need is your towel! Swim, snorkel, sun, or just "lime out" as you sail the Caribbean in the unparalleled spaciousness of your own private luxury yacht!
- SNORKELING: We like the east side of Sapphire Beach, Secret Harbour Beach, and Coki Point. Many beach concessions and dive shops rent snorkel gear by the day or the week. Homer Calloway offers a fantastic night snorkel tour with photo CDs to take home. Snorkel gear may be rented for $12 per day, per set, at Chris Sawyer Dive Center - or bring your own.
- WINDSURFING & KITESURFING: Take advantage of our brisk trade winds and explore on a windsurfer for an up-close look at our beautiful azure waters and sea life. Take windsurfing or kitesurfing lessons from an expert right on the beach, and rent gear by the hour or by the day.
AND FOR SOME FUN OUT OF THE SUN
- MASSAGE: Pamper yourself with a sensual, private poolside massage for you and your significant other. Licensed professionals are available with advance reservation. Need we say more? This is truly the ultimate vacation luxury.
- MUSEUMS AND WALKING TOURS: Explore history - walking tours on Blackbeard's Hill and Government Hill up to 1-1/2 hours long are so fascinating. And brick-red Fort Christian, next to the big downtown parking lot, has a museum with relics and cannon.
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: St. Thomas is one of the most celebrated duty-free ports in this hemisphere - for watches, gems and jewelry, liquor, cigars, perfume, leather goods, tablecloths, designer wear and an array of gifts and collectibles (and of course, T-shirts galore!), be sure to spend some time in downtown Charlotte Amalie. But - to avoid crowds and be more relaxed, be sure to check the daily cruise ship schedule (or ask us), and go downtown ONLY on the day when there are the fewest cruise ships in port!
© Copyright 2017, Serendipity Villa, St. Thomas, USVI. All Rights Reserved.